Friday, October 15, 2010

Poison oak treatment

We live around poisonous plants everyday, such as poison oak, poison ivy, and poison sumac. These plants grow in every state except Alaska. Poison oak grows as a shrub or vine, especially near lakes, rivers, and streams. An allergic reaction to the oil in these plants produces the rash.

Poison oak is the bane of hikers everywhere, but you can avoid it with a little common sense. Poison Oak is usually a shrub but can climb trees. Poison oak has three shiny leaves and deeper serration and has fine hairs on its trunk and leaves. Poison oak also has small, whitish flowers.

If you come in contact with poison oak, wash the area more than once with warm and soapy water, take an oral antihistamine, and apply a cortisone cream. There are many good websites on the internet provide complete information about poison oak including how to treat poison oak using creams and much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment