Saturday, August 14, 2010

Treatment for Poison Ivy Rash

Poison ivy is a green plant with three leaves that grow from a single shoot. Poison ivy can be tough to identify because it can grows as a vine on a tree, as a little plant on the ground, or even as a shrub. The plant has an oil that gets on your skin and causes the rash. Even touching dried-out poison ivy can cause a rash. Don't scratch because it may cause your rash to become infected. A mild case may involve only a few small blisters, while a severe case may cause many large blisters, acute inflammation.

To prevent exposure, learn poison ivy identification and teach children how to identify it as well. The poison ivy reaction can be reduced, however, if you change clothing immediately and wash the exposed skin with water, then shop. Washing your skin within 5 to 10 minutes of exposure greatly reduces your chance of an allergic reaction. Organic solvents such as alcohol and gasoline work even better than soap and water.

1 comment:

  1. wow, this article is very informative. I'm glad I stumbled on it. :)

    Join our giveaway to win a fabulous dress. :)